Data released Thursday night shows a marked downtrend in place in China from 2010 on GDP, Fixed Asset Investment, Industrial Production, and from 2008 on Retail Sales, as shown on the graphs below. In fact, the numbers for Fixed Asset Investment and Retail Sales are lower than the lows in 2009.
My only conclusion from these is that China has been in, and is still in, a period of contraction...there are no signs that China will lead the world out of a slowdown in growth.
The Daily chart below of the Shanghai Index shows that price is trading in a long-term downtrend near three-year lows and is still trading under the bearish influences of a moving average "Death Cross" formation...a reflection of China's drop in output and consumption during that period.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Sept. 19 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Sept. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference