Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Oct. 2 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Tues. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Oct. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Oct. 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Thurs. Nov. 5 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Dec. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
Saturday, July 13, 2019
SPX: Trade With Caution
Purely from a technical point of view, its ascent is beginning to look a bit like the parabolic move that Bitcoin (BTC/USD) began to make in early 2017 and peaked by the end of that year (weekly chart below).
Granted, the SPX is quite a different market instrument than Bitcoin and is much more stable, but I simply thought I'd show a comparison of these two charts, on a purely technical basis, for your information. What you do with that is up to you.
One thing I would point out is that the Momentum indicator (MOM) on the SPX is not corroborating the series of new swing highs that price has made since the beginning of 2018. That's in line with what I reported in my post of June 29, wherein I described what market gauges I'd be monitoring as price, potentially, approaches 3047. My observations and conclusions remain unchanged.
Bottom line...trade with caution in the coming days/weeks.