I've not much to say, other than I think that U.S. equities and bonds will continue to outperform the rest of the world markets (especially since the Mueller investigation is now closed, as AG Barr emphatically stated in his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee this past week)...that the slow melt-up continues, punctuated, periodically, by episodes of consolidation and minor pullbacks...watch for a strong U.S. dollar to support this. And, I doubt very much if the Fed cuts rates any time soon, as President Trump has suggested...not with the strong economy firing on all cylinders.
Inasmuch as other countries, such as Canada, have numerous trade messes with multiple countries that they're trying to sort out, without much luck, so far, and with their economies slowing, I don't see a growing world-wide slow-down abating anytime soon.
For example, German manufacturing PMI contraction continues to deepen for the fourth straight month, as noted below.
Major resistance for the U.S. dollar sits at 100.00 and major support at 90.00, as shown below.
So, basically, I've nothing significant to add to what I posted on March 26 and April 3, except to suggest keeping an eye on the market gauges mentioned therein.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. July 14 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. July 15 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Thurs. July 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. July 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Aug. 7 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Aug. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events