UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Saturday, November 11, 2017
Bearish "Shooting Star" Forming on BITCOIN
Further to my last post of October 20 and update of November 2, a bearish "Shooting Star" candle formation is in the making on this Monthly chart of BITCOIN...warning signs that we could see a further sell-off to, potentially, the 5000 level, which is the nearest major support level, or even lower to 3000, the next major support level (last hit on September 15).
Volatility is no stranger to this cryptocurrency, as price has plunged nearly 1700 points in the past four trading days, and I doubt that this will change any time soon. Price is currently trading at 6200 as I write this post on November 11 at 1:45 pm ET.
Both the Momentum and Rate-of-change technical indicators on the Daily chart below are hinting of lower prices to come.
As an example of volatility and parabolic moves, look no further than the graph below, which depicts the percentages gained Year-to-date on the SPX, the five FAANG stocks, and BITCOIN. The percentage gained in 2017 in BITCOIN is 2.5 times that of all five FAANG stocks combined.