As the EUR/USD Forex pair continues its rather steep decent during the past couple of months, it is approaching a critical major support level around 1.04, as shown on the Weekly chart below.
Not only will a drop to that level form a potential triple bottom pattern, it will also hit a triple confluence of long-term price, trendline and regression channel "mean" major support.
A drop and hold below 1.04 could see a catastrophic price plunge to levels (0.8827) not seen since October 2000. We may, however, see price overshoot and drop below 1.04 briefly, before a potential bounce occurs.
In this regard, it may also be worthwhile keeping an eye on the European Financials ETF (EUFN). As shown on the Daily chart below, price has recently managed to pop back above a major resistance level at 18.00 on a high volume spike.
If price can remain above 18.00, if the RSI can remain above 50, and if we get bullish crossovers on the MACD and PMO indicators, it may have a positive influence on the Euro.
But, major weakness in the Financials sector could bring about a catastrophic drop in the Euro. In that scenario, we'll see whether the ECB has any bullets left in its monetary armory to prevent such an event.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC VENTS...
* Fri. & Sat. June 28/29 ~ G20 Summit in Osaka, Japan
* Mon. July 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Canada Day holiday- Canadian markets closed
* Thurs. July 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ 4th of July holiday - U.S. markets closed
* Fri. July 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. July 10 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. July 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Tues. July 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. July 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. July 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...