This summary of today's release of the FOMC Beige Book Report (courtesy of Nasdaq.com) is hinting that current soft economic conditions may not be supportive of an FOMC rate hike in December.
We'll see what current (and any anticipatory) factors may have been considered that would warrant a rate hike, if one is, in fact, implemented...hopefully, they will be clearly spelled out in Ms. Yellen's 2:30 pm press conference that will follow the Fed's rate announcement on December 14th.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
* Tues. Nov. 3 ~ U.S. Presidential Election
* Tues. Nov. 17 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. Nov. 25 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Nov. 26 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
* Fri. Nov. 27 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets closed for Thanksgiving Holiday/Black Friday
* Wed. Dec. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. Dec. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Thurs. Dec. 24 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Holiday
* Fri. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Holiday
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events