From an all-time high of 103.14 in May of 2007 to an all-time low of 10.19 (and close at 10.875) today (Thursday), Germany's biggest bank continues its sink into the abyss, as shown on the Monthly chart of Deutsche Bank.
The 3 technical indicators shown on the following Daily chart are no longer supporting a slowdown of its downtrend (as I had reported in my post of February 8th)...rather, they are now suggesting a resumption and acceleration of a stock dump.
This bank stock is now sitting at a tiny fraction of its former value...systemic-risk or value stock? A picture is worth a thousand words...
Even more stunning, is the meteoric drop in value (from its June 2007 high of 228.96 to today's close of 5.80) for Germany's second-largest bank, Commerzbank, as shown on the Monthly chart below.
All three technical indicators on its Daily chart below also show evidence of renewed and accelerating selling pressure...reflecting great weakness in Germany's banking sector, despite all of the ECB's various monetary stimulus attempts made, to date, to prop up Europe's financial woes from the onslaught of the 2007/08 financial crisis/recession.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events