From an all-time high of 103.14 in May of 2007 to an all-time low of 10.19 (and close at 10.875) today (Thursday), Germany's biggest bank continues its sink into the abyss, as shown on the Monthly chart of Deutsche Bank.
The 3 technical indicators shown on the following Daily chart are no longer supporting a slowdown of its downtrend (as I had reported in my post of February 8th)...rather, they are now suggesting a resumption and acceleration of a stock dump.
This bank stock is now sitting at a tiny fraction of its former value...systemic-risk or value stock? A picture is worth a thousand words...
Even more stunning, is the meteoric drop in value (from its June 2007 high of 228.96 to today's close of 5.80) for Germany's second-largest bank, Commerzbank, as shown on the Monthly chart below.
All three technical indicators on its Daily chart below also show evidence of renewed and accelerating selling pressure...reflecting great weakness in Germany's banking sector, despite all of the ECB's various monetary stimulus attempts made, to date, to prop up Europe's financial woes from the onslaught of the 2007/08 financial crisis/recession.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. July 3 ~ U.S. markets close early at 1:00 pm ET
* Wed. July 4 ~ U.S. markets closed for Independence Day Holiday
* Thurs. July 5 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. July 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. July 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. July 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Aug. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Mon. Sept. 3 ~ U.S. markets closed for Labour Day Holiday
* Wed. Sept. 26 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...
* Trade Wars have escalated and now include diplomatic wars PLUS President Trump is cannibalizing prior U.S. market gains
with his tariff tantrums against its world trading partners, while destabilizing a delicate world market balance