If WTIC Crude Oil breaks below it's current (very tight) uptrend line, watch for the Canadian Loonie to tank.
As shown on the following 5-Year Daily chart comparing the two, they normally trade lock-step. Note the recent divergence of the Loonie starting in April and the fact that the RSI and MACD have fallen below the 50 level...which are hinting of further weakness ahead for Oil.
If Oil falls, I expect the Loonie will do so, as well. And, I'd be watching for a solid break below 75.00 on the Loonie as a possible signal that Oil will continue a drop to, perhaps, around $40.00, or lower, as shown on the next two 5-Year Daily charts.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC VENTS...
* Fri. & Sat. June 28/29 ~ G20 Summit in Osaka, Japan
* Mon. July 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Canada Day holiday- Canadian markets closed
* Thurs. July 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ 4th of July holiday - U.S. markets closed
* Fri. July 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. July 10 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. July 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Tues. July 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. July 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. July 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...