UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Dec. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Dec. 10 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Dec. 10 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Dec. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Dec. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Dec. 15 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Thurs. Dec. 23 @ 10:00 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Tues. Dec. 28 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Wed. Jan. 5 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 7 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 12 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Friday, June 24, 2016
The BREXIT Vote Wins...A Catastrophe Awaits
But, the FTSE 100 Index closed the week 234 points higher than last week...Weekly chart below...
...so, while it has not yet experienced the plunge like that in 2007/08, it is threatening to at major support (where it has languished for the past year), as shown on the Monthly chart below.
While volatility remains elevated in world markets, it will be difficult to get an accurate read on firm and sustainable market direction for the foreseeable future...particularly if the Pound remains below 1.40 and the FTSE 100 remains at or below current levels.