UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Friday, October 10, 2014
Hanging Man Formation on USD/CAD Forex Pair
A break and hold above 1.1277 could see price spike up to 1.1665 (which is the next Fibonacci resistance level), particularly if Canada's TSX continues its plunge, after closing today (Friday) at 14,227.36. Otherwise, there is some support around the 1.10 level should the Canadian dollar strengthen against the American dollar.
The following Daily chart of the TSX shows that price has closed at a major support level. A drop and hold below this level could see price continue down to around 14,000, or even 13,500 before it consolidates or bounces. The RSI, MACD and Stochastics indicators are all very oversold, but none have confirmed a turnaround in price yet.
Watch for any co-relation in price action in the coming days/weeks between the USD/CAD and the TSX for possible clues in direction on both.