The 10-Year Weekly chart below of the USD/CAD Forex pair shows a bearish "hanging man" formation on this week's candle...signalling a potential weakening of the U.S. dollar against the Canadian dollar. Price hit the confluence of a major triple-top resistance level, 50% Fibonacci retracement level, upper Bollinger Band, and upper Channel last week.
A break and hold above 1.1277 could see price spike up to 1.1665 (which is the next Fibonacci resistance level), particularly if Canada's TSX continues its plunge, after closing today (Friday) at 14,227.36. Otherwise, there is some support around the 1.10 level should the Canadian dollar strengthen against the American dollar.
The following Daily chart of the TSX shows that price has closed at a major support level. A drop and hold below this level could see price continue down to around 14,000, or even 13,500 before it consolidates or bounces. The RSI, MACD and Stochastics indicators are all very oversold, but none have confirmed a turnaround in price yet.
Watch for any co-relation in price action in the coming days/weeks between the USD/CAD and the TSX for possible clues in direction on both.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. May 23 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Mon. May 28 ~ U.S. markets closed for Memorial Day Holiday
* Wed. May 30 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. June 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. June 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Tues. July 3 ~ U.S. markets close early at 1:00 pm ET
* Wed. July 4 ~ U.S. markets closed for Independence Day Holiday
* Wed. Aug. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Mon. Sept. 3 ~ U.S. markets closed for Labour Day Holiday
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...
* JCPOA - Will President Trump recertify the JCPOA on May 12?...stay tuned...May 8 the answer is "No"...US pariticipation in the deal
is scrapped...new sanctions coming for Iran and, possibly, for nations supporting Iran.