The following 11 1-Year Daily charts show the 9 Major Sectors, plus Housing and Biotech.
You can see that Technology (XLK), Industrials (XLI), Materials (XLB), Energy (XLE), and Consumer Staples (XLP) have been the strongest performers, of late. The laggards have been Housing (XHB) and Biotech (IBB)
The next 11 1-Year Daily ratio charts show the relative strength/weakness of each of these sectors compared with the SPX.
What I notice immediately on these is the relative weakness of Cyclicals (XLY), Financials (XLF), and Housing (XHB), followed by Biotech (IBB). Unless we see a firming up and buying begin in these 4 sectors, we may see a general weakness creep into the stock market, in general...ones worth watching going forward.
The accumulation we've seen in 2-5-10-30-year bonds of late, and particularly today (Wednesday), may be an attempt by the institutions/market makers to lower interest rates as a precursor to, potentially, stimulate buying in these sectors...so, bonds/rates are also worth tracking over the next weeks/months, relative to these and all sectors...see Sectors vs 30-year bond ratio charts at this link and on the last set of 1-Year Daily ratio charts below.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Feb. 26 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales Ex Autos m/m & Retail Sales m/m
* Wed. Mar. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 8 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Mar. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Mar. 22 @ 3:30 am ET ~ German Flash Manufacturing PMI (watch for a hold below 50)...N.B. Jan. 24 PMI came in at 49.9 & Feb. 21 PMI came in at 47.6 (contraction mode deepens!)
* Wed. Apr. 10 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Apr. 19 ~ U.S. Markets Closed for Good Friday holiday
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...