Further to my UPDATES noted on my last post, a massive Head & Shoulders pattern has formed on this GBP/USD Monthly chart...catastrophe awaits as price flirts with the neckline.
But, the FTSE 100 Index closed the week 234 points higher than last week...Weekly chart below...
...so, while it has not yet experienced the plunge like that in 2007/08, it is threatening to at major support (where it has languished for the past year), as shown on the Monthly chart below.
While volatility remains elevated in world markets, it will be difficult to get an accurate read on firm and sustainable market direction for the foreseeable future...particularly if the Pound remains below 1.40 and the FTSE 100 remains at or below current levels.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 9 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events