To keep this simple and brief, Monday's (November 4) intraday Pivot Point targets for the S&P Emini Futures Index (ES) are (as shown on the following 60 min chart):
R3 = 3117.67
R2 = 3085.67
R1 = 3074.33
PP = 3053.67
S1 = 3042.33
S2 = 3021.76
S3 = 2989.67
Weekly VWAP = 3068.22
Monthly VWAP = 3056.45
50 MA = 3046.43
200 MA = 3025.14
All of these levels represent short-term support and resistance levels.
The following monthly chart of the S&P 500 Index (SPX) contains a Fibonacci channel which begins at the March 2009 lows.
Its next Fib target sits around the 3125 level (1.618% external Fib level), which happens to coincide with Monday's R3 Pivot Point level.
Inasmuch as the Balance of Power lies currently with the bulls on this timeframe, we may see this level hit, if not on Monday, then perhaps sometime this week...particularly if 3050 (or, at least, 3040) holds as near-term support.
Finally, the following daily ratio chart of the SPX:VIX ratio shows that a bullish moving average Golden Cross has just reformed on rising RSI, MACD and PMO indicators...hinting of lower volatility and higher SPX prices.
If these hold, I expect that the SPX may just reach 3125ish in short order.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. July 14 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. July 15 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Thurs. July 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. July 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Aug. 7 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Aug. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events