The following five percentages gained/lost graphs show, at a glance, which countries and currencies gained the most, so far, this week (Monday, March 27 to, and including, Wednesday, March 29).
Of particular interest to me are the gains made in Australia and in the Aussie Dollar.
As noted on the following Daily chart of the Australian Index, price has shot up in the past few days and is, once again, facing major resistance. It's worth keeping an eye on this index, as a firm breakout and hold above its 2015 highs could also accompany a rally in the Shanghai Index. Price on that index is also facing major resistance, as shown on the second Daily chart.
My post of March 10 and update of March 19, spoke of an interdependent relationship of the SPX with the World Market Index and the SPX:VIX Ratio.
All three of these are grappling with major resistance levels, as shown on the following Daily charts.
We'll see if Australia, China, the SPX, the World Market Index, and the SPX:VIX Ratio reach new highs, either by the end of this week (to close out Q1 for 2017 with higher gains), or anytime soon in April, and whether any short-term weakness or strength in any one of them influences the others, in kind.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Jan. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Feb. 7 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. Feb. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Fri. Feb. 14 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Feb. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 4 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events