UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Monday, February 08, 2016
Banks and Oil Don't Mix
Right after the opening bell this morning, DB made a new 5-year low of 15.95, as shown on the Daily chart below. There's no confirmation of a reversal in sight, technically, yet for DB, although the RSI may be hinting at a bit of a slowdown in the plunge.
Meanwhile, Oil is trading at 30.06...1983 prices, as shown on the Monthly chart below.
Both DB and Oil have been especially weak since mid-2014 (DB began falling at the beginning of that year, so whether it was forecasting weakness in Oil is a matter for consideration)...two to watch to see if either gains any support in the near future, or continue their falling-knife action.
*P.S. You can read more regarding the woes facing Deutsche Bank here and here.