* See UPDATES below...
Further to my post of June 8th, here's what has happened, since then, on China's Shanghai Index.
After making a slightly higher high of 5178.19 on June 11th, it has since plunged to a low today (July 8th) of 3421.53 to close at 3507.19...slightly above its 200 Day Moving Average -- making a loss of 1671 points from high to close, thus far.
The first level of major supports sits around 3000...the next around 2500...a solid break and hold below 2000 could cause major panic in markets around the world.
So far, attempts by the Chinese Central Bank to intervene and stop this falling knife have failed...we'll see if this market can find any stability at any of the above-noted levels. There are no "buy" signals at this time on the RSI, MACD, and Stochastics indicators -- rather, they are still bearish, although quite oversold; however, the extreme bearish force of the MACD, in particular, should be respected, as we could, very well, see much more selling in the short term.
* UPDATE July 27, 2015:
* UPDATE August 25, 2015:
Major support now sits in between 2750 and 2500, as price has closed below 3000 today -- now major resistance.
* UPDATE September 7, 2015:
China's Shanghai Index is about to experience a bearish moving average Death Cross...likely by tomorrow's or Wednesday's close. The RSI and PMO indicators are indicating further weakness to come.
At the moment, price (after bouncing back from its price noted in my above UPDATE) is trading at just above the major support level of 3000...a drop and hold below could, very well, see price falling back to somewhere in between 2750 and 2500, or 2000, or even lower. If price holds above 3000, we may see price rally to retest the Death Cross around 3700, before we see further weakness and lower swing lows...however, failure to close the gap below 3500 would likely spell major trouble for this index and see price plunge rather quickly to new lows for 2015.
* UPDATE September 8, 2015:
Bearish moving average Death Cross formed today...yesterday's comments (noted above) apply...
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Nov. 30 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 2 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Dec. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Jan. 4, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Feb. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.