Further to my post of January 27th, the Momentum indicator on the following 3 Daily ratio charts shows that fear has continued to accelerate in comparison with the SPX, RUT and NDX Indices, even though price hasn't yet broken and held below their major support levels.
A failure of these markets to hold and snap back at the current level would see a continued rise in momentum and could send them into a much deeper correction territory.
A failure of the following Daily ratio chart of TNX:SPX to rise and hold above what appears to be a fairly critical 0.015 major support level (and possible Head & Shoulders neckline), could send 10-Year Treasury Notes much higher in an investor "flight-to-safety" scenario, if the above 3 Major Indices fail to rally. If the Momentum indicator rises and holds above the zero level on this ratio chart, we may see some stability enter these indices...whereas, a break and hold below its last pivot low could spell trouble for these markets.
These are 4 charts worth monitoring over the coming days/weeks as one gauge of where (and how fast) investor money is flowing.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. July 3 ~ U.S. markets close early at 1:00 pm ET
* Wed. July 4 ~ U.S. markets closed for Independence Day Holiday
* Thurs. July 5 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. July 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. July 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. July 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Aug. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Mon. Sept. 3 ~ U.S. markets closed for Labour Day Holiday
* Wed. Sept. 26 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...
* Trade Wars have escalated and now include diplomatic wars PLUS President Trump is cannibalizing prior U.S. market gains
with his tariff tantrums against its world trading partners, while destabilizing a delicate world market balance