UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Sunday, February 02, 2014
Accelerating Fear and 10-Year Yields
A failure of these markets to hold and snap back at the current level would see a continued rise in momentum and could send them into a much deeper correction territory.
A failure of the following Daily ratio chart of TNX:SPX to rise and hold above what appears to be a fairly critical 0.015 major support level (and possible Head & Shoulders neckline), could send 10-Year Treasury Notes much higher in an investor "flight-to-safety" scenario, if the above 3 Major Indices fail to rally. If the Momentum indicator rises and holds above the zero level on this ratio chart, we may see some stability enter these indices...whereas, a break and hold below its last pivot low could spell trouble for these markets.
These are 4 charts worth monitoring over the coming days/weeks as one gauge of where (and how fast) investor money is flowing.