I last wrote about China's Shanghai Index on July 11, 2013. In that post, I mentioned the importance of price holding above 2000 and reaching and holding above 2200 and 2300, respectively.
As can be seen on the 3-Year Weekly chart below, price almost reached the 2300 level, but failed to hold and breached the 2000 level last week. We may see price fluctuate in between 2000 and 2300 until a solid break and hold is made one way or the other for awhile. Furthermore, we'll need to see the RSI break and hold above 50 and the MACD cross over and hold above the zero level to support a break to the upside. Until that occurs, this index is, basically, trendless and traders/investors are non-committal.
Additionally, as I mentioned in that post, one gauge of China's strength going forward lies in the AUD/CAD forex pair.
As can be shown on the following 3-Year Daily chart, price did breach the 93.00 level, but bounced and is now caught up in between the 50 and 200 smas. Should we see a clear break and hold above the 200 sma and the 0.9900 level (but a more-convincing 1.00 level), and if the RSI can regain and hold above the 50 level, we may see the Shanghai Index follow suit...one to watch if you're trading the Shanghai Index.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. May 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Fri. May 14 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. May 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. June 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. June 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.