"the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation."
Price on the SPX immediately dropped on this revelation. This is reflected in the drop shown on the SPX:VIX ratio chart below (as of 1:50 pm ET today)...price is now below the 200 MA, and the 3 technical indicators are displaying new "SELL" signals.
We'll see whether this new investigation trumps what I mentioned in my last post and becomes the "October surprise" that has been rumoured to surface in the media for months, or whether it's just a short-term distraction designed to trap market bears.
Either way, volatility will remain elevated as long as price on this ratio stays below the 150 level.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Nov. 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference