The questions are:
- Is it warranted?
- Can they afford it in the long run?
- What purpose would this serve in the long run?
- Who is willing to pick up the tab?
- How much would they provide?
- For how long would they keep the purse open?
- Who has the most to gain from such action?
- Who cannot afford to sit back and wait?
Time will provide the answers to these questions. In the meantime, perhaps a clue may come from that country where "QE and monetary stimulus" are most often mentioned as a cure-all for what ails the economy. Care to lay any bets on the table as to who will blink first?