* See UPDATES below...
The Dow 30 Index is fast approaching 25,000, as shown on the following Monthly chart, and has gained 35.23% since the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election, as shown on the graph below.
The big question is, in the eight trading days left before the end of the year, can it gather another 207 points to break through to this milestone this year?
Keep an eye on the Momentum, RSI and MACD indicators shown on the Weekly chart below. At the moment, they're in strong uptrend, favouring the buyers.
Perhaps, if the Republican tax bill is passed in Congress this week, we'll see that feat realized, as bulls look to close out the month and the year on a high note, inasmuch as markets love Big Round Numbers. For example, the Nasdaq Composite Index hit 7,000 for the first time today, and the S&P 500 Index came within 5 points of hitting 2,700, as shown on their Monthly charts below.
* UPDATE December 20...
Following Congressional approval of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act today, many major companies announced pay raises and bonuses for employees, as well as plans to hire more workers and to increase infrastructure spending...tune in this time next year to gauge the effects of this historic event on anticipated growth in the economy, GDP, jobs, income, pensions, infrastructure repairs/spending, national defense, stock markets, etc.
* UPDATE December 22...
President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act today...
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Feb. 2 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. March 20 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events