The minutes from the last Fed meeting, released a few minutes ago today and summarized as follows (courtesy of Nasdaq.com), present a mixed view of the economy...
So far, market reaction to this report has been muted and non-committal, as evidenced by the long tails on both the tops and bottoms of the candles of the following 5 minute intraday chart of the SPX.
This lack of commitment by traders is also prevalent in the day-to-day action since June, as shown on the following Daily chart, which is consistent with what I reported in my post of July 2nd (which presented an outlook for longer timeframes for this market).
So, if traders were looking for any type of catalyst from the Fed to move this market higher (or lower) in the short term, I'd say this report wasn't the ticket.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Nov. 23 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Thanksgiving holiday
* Fri. Nov. 24 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets close early
* Wed. Nov. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 8 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas holiday