Further to my post of April 10, 30-Year Bonds have gained a couple of points, as shown on the Monthly chart below.
Price now sits just above major resistance (50% Fibonacci retracement) and is poised to begin reversing the steep plunge that began in mid-2016.
Furthermore, price has now broken above the 50-day moving average of the USB:SPX ratio and is currently at the major resistance level of 0.65, as shown on the Daily ratio chart below.
Inasmuch as we're close to seeing a new "BUY" signal form on all 3 technical indicators, I'd keep an eye on this ratio to determine its strength versus equities in the coming days/weeks (particularly, in light of my comments of May 17), especially, if it breaks and holds above 0.65. If it does, its next target would be the 200-day moving average at 0.70.
In that kind of environment, this would NOT be a wagon that equity markets could confidently hook up to in a sustainable way, without the risk of accompanying high volatility, in my opinion.
In this regard, watch for a break and hold below the 150 major support level on the SPX:VIX ratio, as well as a drop and hold below zero on the Momentum indicator, as shown on the Monthly ratio chart below.
In that case, volatility will remain elevated and we'll see larger intraday and overnight equity swings.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 9 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events