As can be seen from the following Monthly chart of the EUR:USD Forex pair, after today's (April 23) first round of the French Presidential election, price is currently in a battle to regain a foothold above major resistance at 1.09.
A break and hold above this level could see a further push to the next major hurdle around 1.15. At the moment, the Momentum indicator is still below zero...watch for a confirming break and hold above that level on such an upward push. Otherwise, failure to break above 1.09 with conviction could see a retest of 1.03, or lower.
We may not see a clear path forward until the runoff election, which is to be held between Marine Le Pen and Emmanuel Macron in France on May 7.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Nov. 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Nov. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference