I last wrote about GOLD in my post of October 9th.
Price is slipping back to its critical triple-bottom support level of 1180, as shown on the 5-Year Weekly chart below. I'm watching for a break and hold below that level for a possible re-test of the 1000 level as I mentioned in that post...particularly if the SPX:VIX ratio breaks and holds above the 150.00 level, as I mentioned in my post of October 24th.
The Daily SPX:VIX ratio chart below shows price (as of Thursday's close) approaching the 150.00 level...however, the Momentum indicator is already approaching the 20-year extreme overbought level, once again.
So, the question of the week (and for the remainder of 2014) is, which of these two charts will be taken beyond their extremes and into a Santa rally or bust? Care to hazard a guess as to which one the Fed would support (translation: "permit")?
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Day holiday
* Mon. Jan. 1 ~ U.S. Markets closed for New Year's Day holiday
* Wed. Jan 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. March 20 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events