As shown on the Daily chart below of the S&P 500 E-mini Futures Index (ES), price dropped this week through one support level of Fibonacci confluence and down to the next one before bouncing to finish the week just back above the first confluence level.
Volumes have been exceptionally high since last Friday. Whether the spike in volume on Wednesday's final drop is capitulation volume remains to be seen.
We'll need to see price hold above the 1850-1870 level and continue to rally and hold above the 200 MA (pink) around the 1900 near-term resistance level on increasing volumes...otherwise, any further rally may simply be a dead-cat-bounce...particularly since we now have a lower low and the Daily uptrend has been broken.
Failure to hold 1850 may see panic selling enter this market...especially if the SPX:VIX ratio drops below the 60.00 level on increasing downward Momentum, as I mentioned in my post of October 15th.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Day holiday
* Mon. Jan. 1 ~ U.S. Markets closed for New Year's Day holiday
* Wed. Jan 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events