Further to my post of January 27th, the Momentum indicator on the following 3 Daily ratio charts shows that fear has continued to accelerate in comparison with the SPX, RUT and NDX Indices, even though price hasn't yet broken and held below their major support levels.
A failure of these markets to hold and snap back at the current level would see a continued rise in momentum and could send them into a much deeper correction territory.
A failure of the following Daily ratio chart of TNX:SPX to rise and hold above what appears to be a fairly critical 0.015 major support level (and possible Head & Shoulders neckline), could send 10-Year Treasury Notes much higher in an investor "flight-to-safety" scenario, if the above 3 Major Indices fail to rally. If the Momentum indicator rises and holds above the zero level on this ratio chart, we may see some stability enter these indices...whereas, a break and hold below its last pivot low could spell trouble for these markets.
These are 4 charts worth monitoring over the coming days/weeks as one gauge of where (and how fast) investor money is flowing.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 9 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events