We may see some nice follow-thru on this EEM channel break and a correction down to major support at 36.50, as shown on this Weekly chart.
A drop below 0.98 on the AUD/CAD forex pair could send it down to the lower channel at 0.959ish or lower to 0.93, as shown on this Weekly chart.
I'll be watching the recent weakness on China's Shanghai Index for a potential drop and hold below both the 50 and 200 MAs, as shown on the Daily chart below.
So, further weakness in EEM, AUD/CAD, and China could pull US equities down further, especially if we see a continued drop in Japan's Nikkei Index, as I wrote about earlier today in this post.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Nov. 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Nov. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference