Data released today (Friday) shows that inflation dropped last month in the Canadian Core CPI and CPI, as shown on the graphs below.
I don't think that Canada has to worry about the BOC raising interest rates any time soon. The USD/CAD forex pair is well above parity, as shown on the Weekly chart below. With Bollinger Bands widening, we may well see prices push above near-term resistance.
Furthermore, Gold is down again today and is approaching the last wing low, as shown on the Weekly chart below. We may well see momentum generate a push much lower (through very thin volumes, as highlighted in the Volume Profile along the right side of the chart) down to around 1150, as I've written about in previous posts.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Nov. 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference