As of 12:00 pm EST today (Monday), the National Bank of Greece is -10.38%, as shown below on Bloomberg's Top Gainers & Losers in the EURO STOXX Banks (Price) Index.
The next chart shows the steady decline for this bank since October 2012...not a healthy-looking chart, as it has fallen below its 1-year major support level and is displaying major relative weakness compared to the above Banking Index during the same time period.
Without a strong banking system, Greece is poised for further weakness. The Greek Stock Index is attempting to stabilize today at a support level on the Daily timeframe, but is well below its uptrend line on the Weekly timeframe, and major support lies further below at 40.00ish.
These are two instruments worth watching as potential harbingers of things to come with respect to the ongoing EU fiscal/economic/banking saga.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Day holiday
* Mon. Jan. 1 ~ U.S. Markets closed for New Year's Day holiday
* Wed. Jan 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. March 20 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events