Today's announcement by JP Morgan Chase to cut up to 4,000 jobs in 2013 (see Reuters article), further disproves the Fed's assertions that their monetary policy since 2009 has been geared towards job creation.
There have also been mass job cuts at a multitude of other banks, such as 11,000 announced at Citigroup in December 2012 (on top of 96,500 job cuts already announced from 2007 to 2011, as reported in this Reuters article) and 16,000 at Bank of America, as I wrote about in this post of September 20, 2012.
Presumably the Banks, who are the first beneficiaries of the Fed's monetary policy, do not support the Fed's goal...makes me wonder, who does support it and whether or not it's actually working, despite what data says about the mild drop, thus far, in unemployment.
This UPDATE February 27th from Reuters shows even more Bank job cuts to come:
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Thurs. Aug. 24, Fri. 25 & Sat. 26 ~ Jackson Hole Economic Policy Symposium -- (Fri. @ 10:00 am ET ~ Janet Yellen speaks)
* Fri. Sept. 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Mon. Sept. 4 ~ Labour Day holiday...U.S. markets closed...Canadian markets closed
* Wed. Sept. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Sept. 19 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Sept. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Oct. 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference