My guess is that the Republicans will not do a deal on the Fiscal Cliff until the last hour approaches on the Debt Ceiling (assuming that the ceiling figure of $16.394T is reached before the end of this year)...they will hold that as leverage to try to get President Obama to back down on his resolve to let the tax cuts expire on the 2%'ers. If that's the case, I don't see Santa coming to the markets this year.
The ES Monthly timeframe still has a recent bearish "Death Cross" formation...plus negative divergence on the Stochastics which has crossed down. The selling this month could just be the start of more to come.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Nov. 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Nov. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference