Each candle on the chart below of the EUR/USD forex pair represents 500 pips. The current candle bounced from a Fibonacci and price confluence support level on July 10th of this year at 1.2041 and has rallied 446 pips, so far. Should it continue to advance by a total of 500 pips, it would put price at 1.2541, which is at a confluence of price and Fibonacci resistance.
You can see that this 500 pip level, as depicted by the two white horizontal lines, represents a major level of support and resistance. A break and hold either above or below this "500 pip zone" would set the stage for the next move up or down over the ensuing days/weeks...an important zone to monitor.
P.S. Price target of 1.2541 was hit in 'After Hours' trading on Wednesday, August 22nd...a new 500 pip candle has begun...let's see where EUR/USD goes from here!
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Feb. 2 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. March 20 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events