Further to my post of April 10th, there was a small overnight bounce today in YM, ES, NQ & TF, but no real advance during market hours, as shown on the 4-Hour charts below. Price remains below an immediate sharp downtrend line for now and is, therefore, still subject to further downside pressure until it's broken (with confidence) and held as new support (which is basically at today's high).
Looking at the Weekly charts below, these e-mini futures indices are still trading above their respective middle Bollinger Bands, which are the next levels of support on this timeframe...whether they hold remains to be seen.
Financials were the "flavour of the day," as shown on Stockcharts' Sector Summary below.
The graph below shows how these sectors have performed, along with the S&P 500 Index, since January of 2012. Favourites have been the Technology, Financials, and Consumer Discretionary sectors...clearly the leaders and the ones to watch for either continued strength or developing weakness. Energy is lagging on the year and also gained the least on today's advance, with Utilities being the second weakest.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 9 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events