Further to my post of March 9th, and as can be seen on the two Daily charts below, the Financials ETF (XLF) outperformed the SPX and the U.S. $ on Tuesday. With Tuesday's volume spike, the recent bullish Golden Cross of the 50 sma above the 200 sma, and a potential reversal of negative divergences on the RSI, MACD, and Stochastics indicators, these two charts are worth watching over the next days/weeks to come to see whether the Financials sector maintains its leadership over these two instruments.
The Daily chartgrid below of YM, ES, NQ & TF, as well as XLF, the major banks and a couple of the credit card companies shows an increase in volume on Tuesday's trading, as well as Golden Crosses on some of the banks, with this event imminent on the others. Whether we see a pause on those at the top of their Bollinger Bands, or a pullback, remains to be seen.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Day holiday
* Mon. Jan. 1 ~ U.S. Markets closed for New Year's Day holiday
* Wed. Jan 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events