Mixed data released today shows that ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI rose, while Factory Orders declined, as shown on the graphs below...conflicting messages for a second month. Take your pick as to which one you like!
As I write this, Dow stocks are down by about 5 to 1, S&P 500 stocks are down by almost 4 to 1, Nasdaq stocks are down by about 3 to 1, and Russell 2000 stocks are down by a little over 2 to 1.
The 4-Hour charts below of the YM, ES, NQ & TF show that the YM, ES & NQ are at the bottom of their trading ranges, while the TF has broken below (last week)...the YM, ES & TF are currently trading below their 50 sma (red). Selling came in on all four e-mini futures indices after these reports were released. A break with conviction and hold below these current levels, would be bearish. Various Fibonacci retracement levels are plotted on each chart (taken from their January low) and represent support levels, as well as the 200 sma (pink) and the Monthly Volume Profile POC (heavy horizontal pink line)...ones to watch this week.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 9 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events