As I'm writing this post, AAPL has broken out to make an all-time high of 468.95 in after-hours trading after releasing their latest earnings report. I last wrote about AAPL on January 9th and mentioned a couple of possible scenarios. One was a pullback to re-test November lows, and the other was a run-up by market makers into earnings.
The Daily chart below shows where tonight's price was hit...above the +2 deviation level of the upward-trending regression channel which began at the June 2010 lows. When tomorrow's candle opens, it may re-test tonight's high before dropping. Near-term support would sit, firstly, at the +1 deviation level around 440, followed by this month's Volume Profile POC (yellow horizontal line) at 422.32...the next level would lie at the channel "mean" (currently at 412.35), and, subsequently, at the 50 sma (red) at 397.15.
As I mentioned in my previous post, AAPL has, so far, been unable to remain above its +1 deviation level of this channel...we'll see whether the same applies over the next days/weeks ahead, or whether it's "different this time"...with 500.00 within reach, who knows!
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Feb. 8-12 ~ Shanghai Index closed for Chinese New Year holiday
* Feb. 8-10 ~ Hong Kong Index closed for Chinese New Year holiday
* Wed. Feb. 10 @ 10:00 am ET ~ Yellen testifies on Semiannual Monetary Policy Report before House Financial Services Committee
* Thurs. Feb. 11 @ 10:00 am ET ~ Yellen testifies on Semiannual Monetary Policy Report before Senate Banking Committee
* Wed. Feb. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. March 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Sun. March 13 ~ Daylight Saving Time begins for U.S. & Canada...click here for world times
* Tues. Mar. 15 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Mar. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement & Forecasts & @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* March 25 ~ U.S. markets & other world markets closed for Good Friday holiday