Oil is up 9.1% Year-to-date, as shown on the first graph below (courtesy of www.Stockcharts.com).
The second Year-to-date graph below shows that Oil is at resistance, while Gold is just above support, and Copper is in in a triangle formation in between support and resistance.
The Year-to-date chart of Oil below shows that Oil is sitting just above confluence (price, Fibonacci, Monthly VWAP, and Year-to-date Volume Profile POC) support at 99.00. The prior bearish Death Cross moving average formation has now changed, as of December 22, 2011 to a bullish Golden Cross formation. Price has been unable to hold above resistance at 102.00 since May of this year...a break and hold above this level could fuel a further rally in equities...failure to hold above 99.00 could send equities tumbling. Whether or not its near-term fate from today lies with the future direction of Gold and Copper remains to be seen.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Feb. 2 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. March 20 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events