The following information is being circulated via e-mail, and a dear friend forwarded it to me:
At Carnegie Hall, gospel singer
Wintley Phipps delivers perhaps the most powerful rendition of Amazing Grace
ever recorded. He says, "A lot of people don't realize that just about all Negro
spirituals are written on the black notes of the piano. Probably
the most famous on this slave scale was written by John Newton, who used to be
the captain of a slave ship, and many believe he heard this melody that sounds
very much like a West African sorrow chant. And it has a haunting, haunting
plaintive quality to it that reaches past your arrogance, past your pride, and
it speaks to that part of you that's in bondage. And we feel it. We feel it.
It's just one of the most amazing melodies in all of human history." After
sharing the noteworthy history of the song, Mr. Phipps delivers a stirring
performance that brings the audience to its feet!
Here is the link to his performance:
This song holds a very special meaning for me...it was played by a firefighter bagpiper at my best friend's funeral many years ago...the funeral was attended by our local firefighters in full dress uniform...something that is reserved for one of their own...even though she wasn't a firefighter, she was an associate member of their club and was loved and respected by them for her fun and very upbeat nature...she couldn't have been given a higher honour.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Nov. 1 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Nov. 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Nov. 23 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Minutes
* Tues. Dec. 13 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
2016 U.S. POLITICAL EVENTS...
* 2016 U.S. Republican National Convention -- July 18-21
* 2016 U.S. Democratic National Convention -- July 25-28
* 2016 U.S. Presidential Debates -- September 26, October 9, October 19
* 2016 U.S. Vice-Presidential Debate -- October 4
* 2016 U.S. Presidential Election -- Tuesday, November 8