Spam, the food, has an entire page dedicated to its description in Wikipedia...it comes in 13 different flavours (including bacon), and, as of 2003, is sold in 41 countries worldwide, sold on 6 continents and trademarked in over 100 different countries. It even has its own "Spam Jam"...a local festival (complete with parades and fireworks) in Austin, Minnesota, where its maker, Hormel Foods corporate headquarters are located. In 2007, the seven billionth can of Spam was sold. On average, 3.8 cans are consumed every second in the United States! When I was a kid, many moons ago, my Mother used to fry Spam for us...I don't think I've eaten it since. I guess it's an acquired taste.
Now, spam is something I get in my e-mail...there's no getting away from it...spam's got my number!
Enjoy your weekend...I'll put up some charts at some point during the weekend.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Feb. 2 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. March 20 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events