The following charts of EEM show where price has ended for the week, as well as for the 3rd quarter of 2011.
The first chart below is a Weekly...on it are an uptrending regression channel, Fibonacci fan lines, and a variety of price support levels. Price ended on Friday at the -1 deviation level of the channel and one of the support levels. A further weakening of this sector (in line with a weakening in global economies) could send it down to a major confluence level of 26.50ish.
Each candle on the next chart depicts one yearly quarter. The 3rd quarter for 2011 was decidedly bearish on higher volume than the 2rd bearish quarter (and all prior quarters until the 2nd quarter in 2010). Price has ended back at the levels seen in the 3rd quarter of 2008. Any quarterly advances have been on lower volumes than on the declines.
Each candle on the last chart depicts one year. The current candle is a bearish engulfing and has nearly reached last year's lows. A close of 26.50 for this year would be slightly above the 23.96 close for 2008...the bottom tails of the 2008 and 2009 candles may, however, be retested at some point before the EEM finds sufficient support from which to convincingly rebound. We'll see how this candle closes by the end of the year, and what it signals for next year.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Nov. 23 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Thanksgiving holiday
* Fri. Nov. 24 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets close early
* Wed. Nov. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 8 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas holiday