I found one thing "interesting" that Mr. Bernanke said today...that the squabbling by the U.S. politicians over the debt ceiling issue caused the financial turmoil this summer in the markets. To this, I would respectfully point out that the financial markets never fully recovered from their falls from 2007 and some from their peak in 2000...in spite of both massive monetary stimulus packages that have been implemented by the Fed in 2009 and 2010.
The Monthly charts below of GS, C, XLF & JPM confirm this.
I think I can safely say that volatility is here to stay in the markets, at least until next year's elections are over and the dust has settled into 2013, since the likelihood of the politicians reaching a fiscal agreement on how to fix the economy before then is probably nil. Tie that into the global economic and fiscal turmoil, and that adds up to volatility, in my books.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Oct. 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference