Would you support this restaurant if this happened to you? What would the manager do if all patrons felt that way and stopped coming? Could the manager run the restaurant on his own if all his waiters were like this? Perhaps the waiter's complacent attitude is a reflection of the manager's.
I pose similar questions about the sustainability of the Eurozone...there are weak links and there is a lot of complacency...Greece and a few others come to mind. Could Germany carry the ball? Two world wars were fought because Germany had ideas about taking over and running Europe...perhaps they end up dominating economically this time...but what's to be gained by that? A lot of debt forced on the Germans with no growth to sustain it in the long run...in fact, a drag on its reserves and civil war would result. Unless there is a concerted effort by all countries in the Eurozone to pull together and support each other in their efforts to deal with debt issues and actively develop and pursue new areas of sustainable growth, it will fail.
A similar fate will fall onto the rest of the world's countries unless they start working together to deal with debt issues and actively develop and pursue new areas of meaningful and sustainable growth...not simply produce "the latest and greatest cell phone." But first, each country must start looking after their own "weak links"...high unemployment, for one...starvation in some countries...and genocide in others.
Just like the human body...it cannot function and prosper properly if it has a weak heart or severe problems with its skeletal framework...it must be fixed and nourished.
More thoughts on where to begin to fix this problem are in my previous post: http://strawberryblondesmarketsummary.blogspot.com/2011/07/holy-grail-and-maslows-hierarchy-of.html
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Thurs. Aug. 24, Fri. 25 & Sat. 26 ~ Jackson Hole Economic Policy Symposium -- (Fri. @ 10:00 am ET ~ Janet Yellen speaks)
* Fri. Sept. 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Mon. Sept. 4 ~ Labour Day holiday...U.S. markets closed...Canadian markets closed
* Wed. Sept. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Sept. 19 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Sept. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Oct. 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference