My post on the Emerging Markets index, EEM, on June 24 refers: http://strawberryblondesmarketsummary.blogspot.com/2011/06/emerging-markets-index-is-wavering.html
Since that date, the index broke below a "diamond" pattern that had formed and tumbled back below a former neckline of a H&S pattern that had broken to the downside in August 2008 (at 41.66ish), as shown on the updated chart below. Each candle represents 3 days and the current candle began today. At the moment, price has popped back up above 41.66 and is currently trading at the -2 deviation level of the shorter regression channel that began in May of 2010 and below the "mean" of the longer regression channel that began in October of 2007.
This is another index that I'll be watching, along with the others mentioned in this week's and last week's posts, in order to gauge overall market weakness vs. strength. At the moment, it is more weak than strong...but will become even weaker when it breaks and holds below 41.66 again.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Nov. 23 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Thanksgiving holiday
* Fri. Nov. 24 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets close early
* Wed. Nov. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 8 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas holiday